Depending on the phase of decision-making and the information available, the following methods can be applied:
The NCEA recommends that the following be described in the EA report:
- The noise contours (Lden and Lnight) around the wind turbines, for example in 5dB classes and – where relevant – the permitted noise contours of industrial activities;
- The cumulative noise load on the surroundings that results from industry, traffic and the wind turbines;
- The locations and numbers of dwellings and sensitive locations within these contours;
- The number of persons suffering severe nuisance from the wind turbine noise;
- The effects of mitigating measures (even when the legal norm is not exceeded).